NEW! Amateur Musical Theatre Dance Classes!

  • Mandi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      Though this is not specifically a swing dance class, the film Singin' In The Rain has a lot of relevance to the swing era so please - read on!

      ******************

      If you've ever wished that your life were a musical then this is the class for you!

      Amateur Musical Theatre Dance Classes
      SEPTEMBER: Singin' In The Rain

      For the love of the Broadway and Hollywood Musical from Singin' In The Rain to Grease to Chicago to Hairspray to Mary Poppins... the list goes on.

      In this class we'll be focusing on dancing inspired by these fabulous films. In some cases we will learn the exact choreography from the film, in others we'll learn new interpretations of the classic numbers. Please note that we won't be learning the singing parts but you're more than welcome to sing along if you'd like to!

      Every month we will work on a new number. Strictly for fun, at the end of the month we'll film the number and share it online.

      September: Singin' In The Rain
      Please bring your own umbrella! Starts September 9th!
      ***Due to the nature of the choreography for Singin' In The Rain (because of the umbrellas) class size is limited. Please register in advance to secure your spot. Not every number will take up quite that much space. :)

      October: Beauty School Drop Out (Grease)
      November & December: TBA

      Wednesday Nights 8pm to 9pm
      (starts September 9th)

      LOCATION: 765B Yonge Street (right upstairs from Starbucks)

      PRICES: $40 for 4 weeks* (or 50% off for students and seniors!)
      Please note that this is the only class in which we request payment at the beginning of every month rather than on a Pay As You Go basis. This is due to the nature of the choreography and will allow us to build on what we learn each week.

      For anyone who would like to perform live, we can do each number at the Dovercourt House the following month. That is optional though, not mandatory. If you just want to learn the number and not perform then that is perfectly fine. For those who are interested in performing Singin' In The Rain live, we will perform that one at a special dance on Friday, October 16th.

      Mandi
      www.beeskneesdance.com