Swingers Sunday night

  • Solomon Douglas
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 1999
      Charles Levi wanted me to post the following to the list:

      <snip>

      > I do think the group should be brought up to
      > date on Swingers, which I attended last night (Sunday) for swing dancing.
      >
      > The teachers (whose names I forget) hang around the TSDS and Berlin on
      > occasion, and they teach East Coast, and only East Coast. They do a very
      > good job of it and are a lot of fun, and they even forgot to collect cover
      > from me and my date. The place itself is just one huge bar, but a nice
      > one. The dance floor is also good, perhaps a little bigger than Hooch? (Or
      > maybe the same size) wood floor. The DJ was indifferent, tended to play
      > too many fast tunes and too much latin, but he can probably be turned to
      > the swing side.
      >
      > The whole crowd consisted of four couples.
      >
      > In short, I can't in good conscience recommend it to the Lindy Hop crowd,
      > but for those interested in exploring the ECS dark side, there is yet
      > another hall.
      >
      > - Charles.
    • Marchese, Tom
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 1999
        Thought I'd pass this along. Its good news for people, like
        me, who come from areas like Bolton.

        Tommaso

        NEWS - Get ready for our East Coast/West Coast Swing Weekend
        Workshop in April 23-25/99 featuring the sensational 1999
        UCWDC World Champions Lisa Richardson AND Gary
        McIntyre!....For the first time in West Toronto, Swing
        Dancing EVERY Sunday evening starts on April ll at 6:30 p.m.
        AT the Valhalla Inn. Now dancers in Oakville, Mississauga,
        Etobicoke, & Toronto can Swing Dance nearby! EC/WC
        (Beginner & Intermediate) lessons on 2 dance floors!...cost
        is only $3 cover OR $10 for lesson AND dance! All lessons &
        music supplied by us!...Berlin Nightclub now has a Wednesday
        Swing "house band". Our goal has always been to have the
        band & DJ provide a "balance" of Lindy Hop, EC, and WC...we
        hope that this move will help improve the music....thanks
        again for your support (and patience)!...

        "People acting together as a group can accomplish things
        which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring
        about". Help! We need volunteers for our exciting plans!
        Call Zu at 604-2407, Ross at 752-4747 (leave
        message)...Thanks..next meeting see below.