U.K. Birthday O.K. _________

  • TOR
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2004
      I recently had one of moi's wee creations added to a birthday
      greeting for the parody genius, Neil Innes; I thought some may find
      it amusing, hence this posting.

      http://neilinnes.org/birthday/happy.htm

      My original concept for moi's Neil's card comedy submission, after I
      viewed a few
      pics of non-pelagial Neil, was a "Shaved Fish" LP cover parody.

      Of course I entitled it
      "Shaved Head __ Innes _ pause tick Oh No band."
      But when I got to, "Woman Is The
      Over-The-Counter Pharmacist/Bus Person Of The World,
      Babalooooooooooooooooooooooo," I recalled that in
      the UK, a pharmacist is a chemist, it shot the whole idër all to
      heck.

      Not having time to do parody repair, I went with the hackneyed
      (Though still humorous)
      lots of candles comedy.

      I have, since originally writing the above, been informed that
      England DOES use the term
      pharmacist.
      Oh phooooooo.

      Best Regards,
      TOR
    • Sub_Verbo
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 16, 2004
        Nice birthday card to Innes. What's with the new group category?
        > I recently had one of moi's wee creations added to a birthday
        > greeting for the parody genius, Neil Innes; I thought some may find
        > it amusing, hence this posting.
        >
        > http://neilinnes.org/birthday/happy.htm
        >
        > My original concept for moi's Neil's card comedy submission, after I
        > viewed a few
        > pics of non-pelagial Neil, was a "Shaved Fish" LP cover parody.
        >
        > Of course I entitled it
        > "Shaved Head __ Innes _ pause tick Oh No band."
        > But when I got to, "Woman Is The
        > Over-The-Counter Pharmacist/Bus Person Of The World,
        > Babalooooooooooooooooooooooo," I recalled that in
        > the UK, a pharmacist is a chemist, it shot the whole idër all to
        > heck.
        >
        > Not having time to do parody repair, I went with the hackneyed
        > (Though still humorous)
        > lots of candles comedy.
        >
        > I have, since originally writing the above, been informed that
        > England DOES use the term
        > pharmacist.
        > Oh phooooooo.
        >
        > Best Regards,
        > TOR
      • Kappolino
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 16, 2004
          Very nice. I like Neil's work too.
          --- In Tor_Hershman@yahoogroups.com, "TOR" <tor_h_tor_h@h...> wrote:

          > I recently had one of moi's wee creations added to a birthday
          > greeting for the parody genius, Neil Innes; I thought some may find
          > it amusing, hence this posting.
          >
          > http://neilinnes.org/birthday/happy.htm
          >
          > My original concept for moi's Neil's card comedy submission, after I
          > viewed a few
          > pics of non-pelagial Neil, was a "Shaved Fish" LP cover parody.
          >
          > Of course I entitled it
          > "Shaved Head __ Innes _ pause tick Oh No band."
          > But when I got to, "Woman Is The
          > Over-The-Counter Pharmacist/Bus Person Of The World,
          > Babalooooooooooooooooooooooo," I recalled that in
          > the UK, a pharmacist is a chemist, it shot the whole idër all to
          > heck.
          >
          > Not having time to do parody repair, I went with the hackneyed
          > (Though still humorous)
          > lots of candles comedy.
          >
          > I have, since originally writing the above, been informed that
          > England DOES use the term
          > pharmacist.
          > Oh phooooooo.
          >
          > Best Regards,
          > TOR
        • Janet
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 16, 2004
            Yes it is a funny card. Have a Happy, Jan
            --- In Tor_Hershman@yahoogroups.com, "TOR" <tor_h_tor_h@h...> wrote:

            > I recently had one of moi's wee creations added to a birthday
            > greeting for the parody genius, Neil Innes; I thought some may find
            > it amusing, hence this posting.
            >
            > http://neilinnes.org/birthday/happy.htm
            >
            > My original concept for moi's Neil's card comedy submission, after I
            > viewed a few
            > pics of non-pelagial Neil, was a "Shaved Fish" LP cover parody.
            >
            > Of course I entitled it
            > "Shaved Head __ Innes _ pause tick Oh No band."
            > But when I got to, "Woman Is The
            > Over-The-Counter Pharmacist/Bus Person Of The World,
            > Babalooooooooooooooooooooooo," I recalled that in
            > the UK, a pharmacist is a chemist, it shot the whole idër all to
            > heck.
            >
            > Not having time to do parody repair, I went with the hackneyed
            > (Though still humorous)
            > lots of candles comedy.
            >
            > I have, since originally writing the above, been informed that
            > England DOES use the term
            > pharmacist.
            > Oh phooooooo.
            >
            > Best Regards,
            > TOR
          • singingwildman
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 17, 2004
              word --- In Tor_Hershman@yahoogroups.com, "TOR" <tor_h_tor_h@h...>
              wrote:

              > I recently had one of moi's wee creations added to a birthday
              > greeting for the parody genius, Neil Innes; I thought some may find
              > it amusing, hence this posting.
              >
              > http://neilinnes.org/birthday/happy.htm
              >
              > My original concept for moi's Neil's card comedy submission, after I
              > viewed a few
              > pics of non-pelagial Neil, was a "Shaved Fish" LP cover parody.
              >
              > Of course I entitled it
              > "Shaved Head __ Innes _ pause tick Oh No band."
              > But when I got to, "Woman Is The
              > Over-The-Counter Pharmacist/Bus Person Of The World,
              > Babalooooooooooooooooooooooo," I recalled that in
              > the UK, a pharmacist is a chemist, it shot the whole idër all to
              > heck.
              >
              > Not having time to do parody repair, I went with the hackneyed
              > (Though still humorous)
              > lots of candles comedy.
              >
              > I have, since originally writing the above, been informed that
              > England DOES use the term
              > pharmacist.
              > Oh phooooooo.
              >
              > Best Regards,