All Amercian Airlines _________

  • Tor Hershman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2004
      Hot of Yahoo's presses:

      "NEW YORK (AFP) - An American Airlines pilot is facing an internal
      investigation after reportedly asking Christian passengers to
      identify themselves, and suggesting that non-Christians on his flight
      were "crazy."

      Speaking Monday on CNN's "American Morning," several passengers said
      the Sunday flight from Los Angeles to New York had not yet taken off,
      when the pilot chose to address everyone on board.
      "He said he'd recently been on a mission trip, and he'd like all the
      Christians to please raise their hands," said passenger Jen Dorsey.
      According to fellow passenger Karla Austin, "He said, 'If you are a
      Christian, raise your hand.' He said, 'If you are not, you're
      crazy'."
      Austin said no passengers raised their hands.
      The pilot also asked passengers to look around at each other and use
      their flying time wisely.
      American Airlines said the pilot, whose name was not revealed, had
      recently returned from a mission trip to Costa Rica.
      In a statement, the airline said his comments amounted to a "personal
      level of sharing that may not be appropriate for one of our employees
      to do while on the job."
      Passengers said the remarks had made them deeply uneasy and that many
      on board had reached for their mobile phones, fearing the pilot might
      take some sort of drastic action.
      "Just given the history of what's happened on planes in this country,
      anything can happen at this point," Austin said. "There was
      definitely implication there that we felt that something was going to
      happen."
      Complaints were relayed by flight attendants to the cockpit, and 45
      minutes into the flight the pilot issued an apology, but one that was
      directed at his crew for having had to deflect the passenger
      criticism."

      (ƒin)

      Now, that's the Theocratic/Oligarchy that I've come to know and be
      disgusted by.
      That pilot will seldom, and only shortly, be without gainful
      employment in this religious fanatic empire.
      Well, unless they just start giving him buckets of loot, under the
      table.
    • Kappolino
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2004
        Good title, Tor.