Re: [TopHive] me too

  • Jorge Murillo-Yepes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2003
      Dear Dale,
      Many thanks for your kind welcome message. I have been having some trouble with my ancient PC, hence the delay. Please abide with this ancient machine!!!
      So far I have noticed no difference in terms of bee acceptance for different materials, regarding that the cavity provided for the colony fulfills minimum requirements concerning, among others, with factors such as total available space, absence of excess moisture, freedom from pests, darkness (?), absence of obnoxious smells, appropriate internal air flow, appropriate internal temperature (I live in the tropics, but too low temperature might be a factor in temperate climates; due to exposure of metal containers or lack of light colour paint, as in the case of halves of metal drums), etc.
      Just think for a moment about the myriad of weird (for us humans, anyway) locations where swarms settle down on their own volition. As usual the bees themselves answer our questions.
      Best regards,
      Jorge