Re: Bees in their natural state

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2007
      From: Lou McKenzie
      Sale Creek Honey Co

      I'd like to comment on the information that is going around about the
      decline of
      the honeybee.

      My husband has been a beekeeper for over 30 years. About 15 years ago,
      he went
      full time and we sale our organic/bio-dynamic honey to many businesses and
      families in southest Tennessee.

      and also the
      antibiotics the beekeepers are using on the bees to kill the two kinds
      of mites.

      Through organic/bio-dynamic methods of using a mist of mineral oil in
      the hive,

      *********************

      Not to nit pick too much, but.....

      I think you mean pesticides not antibiotics

      Also how can you call yourselves organic if you use mineral oil or
      can't control where the bees gather from??

    • Scot Mc Pherson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2007
        I am an organic beekeeper, I don't put anything in my beehive except
        bees. I am also an organic gardener, I however can't control the
        purity or lack of purity of the rain. That being the case, your case
        for not being able to call ourselves organic applies to the whole
        breadth of agriculture or any food production industry sector. No one
        can be organic because no one can control every factor...

        However within the environment we are given, we can do everything
        possible to practice organics. And that my friend is all anyone can do
        to.

        Scot McPherson
        McPherson Family Farms
        Davenport IA