Semi top bars in conventional hive

  • harmony@the-wire.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2003
      One week ago I pulled 2 frames of drawn comb out of the top brood
      chamber of a 2 chamber hive, and replaced with empty frames with 1/2
      in strips of foundation at the top.
      Today I checked the bees,and they are drawing three "tongues" of comb
      inside each frame; not filling the space yet but progressing.
      Question- how do i transition the hive over to these open frames
      without foundation, without causing major disruption to brood
      rearing? and is it a good idea to use standard langstroth hives for
      this TBH practice?
      Thanks
      Dale