Re: hardison hive question

  • stangardens
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2007
      --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, girl mark <girlmark_list_email@...>
      wrote:

      > well, not exposing your defensive bees to light (and riling them up
      > quicker) when inspecting/robbing the hive is one reason to stay with
      > TBH perspective, not buying a bunch of Lang equipment is another.
      It's
      > not all that hard to make a TBH plus a smaller box for the super.
      >
      >i've had good results just removing a 3/8" end spacer for
      communication above. i've also brought up whole comb from below. the
      whole comb works well but the bees will make extra comb on the sides
      of gap below. if that bothers you don't do it. i use only 19" long
      3/8" thick bars so they can be used in "tbh" or "langs". one of the
      advantages of "langs" is i've gotten loads of equipment with bees or
      for the hauling. no ones ever "given" me "tbh" equipment, ive always
      had to make it. reduce, reuse, recycle. i all kinds of sustainable
      beekeeping no matter what "type" of box it's in :)