Re: link to comb cut-out bars Re: [TopHive] Re: Top Bar Hive gettogether in Berkeley CA on Feb 7th

  • girl mark
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      you can cut and paste the beesource discussion link into your browser
      (yahoo chops it up so I won't give it again) and it shows the complete
      discussion and a link to photos, i think.

      Mark

      Erin wrote:

      > Hi Mark,
      >
      > I wasn't able to get the slide show to play. Is there another image
      > somewhere of this type of cut out frame?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > (boy) Erin
      >
      > --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TopHive%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > girl mark <girlmark_list_email@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > here's the Flash animated slideshow version- I built some this
      > summer
      > > and didn't use a drill press like he shows in the slide show:
      > > http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/NM4gR8cx
      > <http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/NM4gR8cx>
      > >
      > > here's the discussion of this:
      > > http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?
      > <http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?>
      > ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000454#000018
      > >
      > > They call them 'swarm catch' frames just because dee Lusby, the
      > first
      > > person who described something like this online (not for TBH's) for
      > some
      > > reason decided to call them 'swarm ketch frames' even though she was
      > > talking about using them to remove established colonies, not swarms.
      > >
      > > Mark

    • frogkailo
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6, 2007
        --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "Erin" <erintimothy@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mark,
        >
        > I wasn't able to get the slide show to play. Is there another image
        > somewhere of this type of cut out frame?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > (boy) Erin

        Here is the plan for this frames

        http://www.beesource.com/plans/swarmframe.htm

        Sasha
      • girl mark
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2007
          We're having an East Bay (with some experienced beekeeping San
          Franciscans coming ) Top Bar Hive and organic beekeepers' meeting on
          Wednesday, from 7-9.

          The location is 730 Channing Way, Berkeley Ca 94710

          There'll be various slides and many topics for discussions planned. I'll
          serve tea- feel free to bring a sample of your honey.

          See you there!
          Mark

          Hello beeks,

          Myself and K. Ruby are having a get-together for top bar hive beekeepers
          in Berkeley/East Bay area on Feb 7th. I think the meetup will be at my
          house in west Berkeley unless we have an unusually high rate of RSVP's
          in which case I"ll find another site nearby.

          Wednesday, Feb 7
          7-9 PM
          RSVP to girlmark_list_email@...
          <mailto:girlmark_list_email%40localb100.com> for exact address

          If you have photos, gear to show off, or any other object of discussion,
          feel free to bring it (we don't have a projector but can probably set up
          a largescreen computer monitor for viewing digital photos if you bring
          them on DVD).

          I have a hive in the backyard (not that we'll be able to see all that
          much of it) and I'll bring an empty screen bottom TBH and some of those
          cool cutout-handling top bars that someone from beesource invented.