link to comb cut-out bars Re: [TopHive] Re: Top Bar Hive gettogether in Berkeley CA on Feb 7th

  • Erin
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Mark,

      I wasn't able to get the slide show to play. Is there another image
      somewhere of this type of cut out frame?

      Thanks,
      (boy) Erin

      --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, girl mark <girlmark_list_email@...>
      wrote:

      > here's the Flash animated slideshow version- I built some this
      summer
      > and didn't use a drill press like he shows in the slide show:
      > http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/NM4gR8cx
      >
      > here's the discussion of this:
      > http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?
      ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000454#000018

      > They call them 'swarm catch' frames just because dee Lusby, the
      first
      > person who described something like this online (not for TBH's) for
      some
      > reason decided to call them 'swarm ketch frames' even though she was
      > talking about using them to remove established colonies, not swarms.
      >
      > Mark

    • girl mark
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
        you can cut and paste the beesource discussion link into your browser
        (yahoo chops it up so I won't give it again) and it shows the complete
        discussion and a link to photos, i think.

        Mark

        Erin wrote:

        > Hi Mark,
        >
        > I wasn't able to get the slide show to play. Is there another image
        > somewhere of this type of cut out frame?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > (boy) Erin
        >
        > --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TopHive%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > girl mark <girlmark_list_email@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > here's the Flash animated slideshow version- I built some this
        > summer
        > > and didn't use a drill press like he shows in the slide show:
        > > http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/NM4gR8cx
        > <http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/NM4gR8cx>
        > >
        > > here's the discussion of this:
        > > http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?
        > <http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?>
        > ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000454#000018
        > >
        > > They call them 'swarm catch' frames just because dee Lusby, the
        > first
        > > person who described something like this online (not for TBH's) for
        > some
        > > reason decided to call them 'swarm ketch frames' even though she was
        > > talking about using them to remove established colonies, not swarms.
        > >
        > > Mark

      • frogkailo
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2007
          --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "Erin" <erintimothy@...> wrote:

          > Hi Mark,
          >
          > I wasn't able to get the slide show to play. Is there another image
          > somewhere of this type of cut out frame?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > (boy) Erin

          Here is the plan for this frames

          http://www.beesource.com/plans/swarmframe.htm

          Sasha
        • girl mark
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2007
            We're having an East Bay (with some experienced beekeeping San
            Franciscans coming ) Top Bar Hive and organic beekeepers' meeting on
            Wednesday, from 7-9.

            The location is 730 Channing Way, Berkeley Ca 94710

            There'll be various slides and many topics for discussions planned. I'll
            serve tea- feel free to bring a sample of your honey.

            See you there!
            Mark

            Hello beeks,

            Myself and K. Ruby are having a get-together for top bar hive beekeepers
            in Berkeley/East Bay area on Feb 7th. I think the meetup will be at my
            house in west Berkeley unless we have an unusually high rate of RSVP's
            in which case I"ll find another site nearby.

            Wednesday, Feb 7
            7-9 PM
            RSVP to girlmark_list_email@...
            <mailto:girlmark_list_email%40localb100.com> for exact address

            If you have photos, gear to show off, or any other object of discussion,
            feel free to bring it (we don't have a projector but can probably set up
            a largescreen computer monitor for viewing digital photos if you bring
            them on DVD).

            I have a hive in the backyard (not that we'll be able to see all that
            much of it) and I'll bring an empty screen bottom TBH and some of those
            cool cutout-handling top bars that someone from beesource invented.