link to comb cut-out bars Re: [TopHive] Re: Top Bar Hive gettogether in Berkeley CA on Feb 7th

  • girl mark
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2007
      here's the Flash animated slideshow version- I built some this summer
      and didn't use a drill press like he shows in the slide show:
      http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/NM4gR8cx

      here's the discussion of this:
      http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000454#000018

      They call them 'swarm catch' frames just because dee Lusby, the first
      person who described something like this online (not for TBH's) for some
      reason decided to call them 'swarm ketch frames' even though she was
      talking about using them to remove established colonies, not swarms.

      Mark

      Bob Benson wrote:

      > Girl mark wrote:
      >
      > "I have a hive in the backyard (not that we'll be able to see all that
      > much of it) and I'll bring an empty screen bottom TBH and some of those
      > cool cutout-handling top bars that someone from beesource invented."
      >
      > Hi, I read your post. I have searched for the "cool cutout-handling
      > top bars" you mentioned you found on beesource. I have looked an
      > unable to locate what you are referring too. Could you supply me with
      > the direct link. Would like to see what type of TBH bars you have found.
      >
      > Thanks

    • Erin
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hi Mark,

        I wasn't able to get the slide show to play. Is there another image
        somewhere of this type of cut out frame?

        Thanks,
        (boy) Erin

        --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, girl mark <girlmark_list_email@...>
        wrote:

        > here's the Flash animated slideshow version- I built some this
        summer
        > and didn't use a drill press like he shows in the slide show:
        > http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/NM4gR8cx
        >
        > here's the discussion of this:
        > http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?
        ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000454#000018

        > They call them 'swarm catch' frames just because dee Lusby, the
        first
        > person who described something like this online (not for TBH's) for
        some
        > reason decided to call them 'swarm ketch frames' even though she was
        > talking about using them to remove established colonies, not swarms.
        >
        > Mark

      • girl mark
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
          you can cut and paste the beesource discussion link into your browser
          (yahoo chops it up so I won't give it again) and it shows the complete
          discussion and a link to photos, i think.

          Mark

          Erin wrote:

          > Hi Mark,
          >
          > I wasn't able to get the slide show to play. Is there another image
          > somewhere of this type of cut out frame?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > (boy) Erin
          >
          > --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TopHive%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > girl mark <girlmark_list_email@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > here's the Flash animated slideshow version- I built some this
          > summer
          > > and didn't use a drill press like he shows in the slide show:
          > > http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/NM4gR8cx
          > <http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/NM4gR8cx>
          > >
          > > here's the discussion of this:
          > > http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?
          > <http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?>
          > ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000454#000018
          > >
          > > They call them 'swarm catch' frames just because dee Lusby, the
          > first
          > > person who described something like this online (not for TBH's) for
          > some
          > > reason decided to call them 'swarm ketch frames' even though she was
          > > talking about using them to remove established colonies, not swarms.
          > >
          > > Mark

        • frogkailo
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2007
            --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "Erin" <erintimothy@...> wrote:

            > Hi Mark,
            >
            > I wasn't able to get the slide show to play. Is there another image
            > somewhere of this type of cut out frame?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > (boy) Erin

            Here is the plan for this frames

            http://www.beesource.com/plans/swarmframe.htm

            Sasha
          • girl mark
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6, 2007
              We're having an East Bay (with some experienced beekeeping San
              Franciscans coming ) Top Bar Hive and organic beekeepers' meeting on
              Wednesday, from 7-9.

              The location is 730 Channing Way, Berkeley Ca 94710

              There'll be various slides and many topics for discussions planned. I'll
              serve tea- feel free to bring a sample of your honey.

              See you there!
              Mark

              Hello beeks,

              Myself and K. Ruby are having a get-together for top bar hive beekeepers
              in Berkeley/East Bay area on Feb 7th. I think the meetup will be at my
              house in west Berkeley unless we have an unusually high rate of RSVP's
              in which case I"ll find another site nearby.

              Wednesday, Feb 7
              7-9 PM
              RSVP to girlmark_list_email@...
              <mailto:girlmark_list_email%40localb100.com> for exact address

              If you have photos, gear to show off, or any other object of discussion,
              feel free to bring it (we don't have a projector but can probably set up
              a largescreen computer monitor for viewing digital photos if you bring
              them on DVD).