bad news about this year's Les Crowder visit to CA

  • girl mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2007
      I talked to Les Crowder last night to see about setting up another
      presentation (last year he did one at Ecology Center in Berkeley), and
      at the moment it doesn't look like he's coming to do the almond
      pollination. Apparently the almond grower he works with contracted with
      someone else (anyone got some leads on another one?). He's still trying
      to find another contract, but it didn't sound good.

      I also talked with him about his coming to California to do a 'real'
      class sometime, but he pointed out that the one he does at Ecoversity is
      18 sessions long (9 weekends-
      http://www.ecoversity.org/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=288&category_id=63

      for those in NEw Mexico), and that it would be difficult to do the
      subject justice without enough time. We left the conversation open about
      this, though- I'm sure we can pursuade him to come do a paid course here
      in NorCal at some point if he can't come up for pollination season this
      time around.

      Mark
    • stangardens
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 16, 2007
        --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, girl mark <girlmark_list_email@...>
        wrote:

        > I talked to Les Crowder last night to see about setting up another
        > presentation (last year he did one at Ecology Center in Berkeley),
        and
        > at the moment it doesn't look like he's coming to do the almond
        > pollination. Apparently the almond grower he works with contracted
        with
        > someone else (anyone got some leads on another one?). He's still
        trying
        > to find another contract, but it didn't sound good.
        >
        > I also talked with him about his coming to California to do
        a 'real'
        > class sometime, but he pointed out that the one he does at
        Ecoversity is
        > 18 sessions long (9 weekends-
        > http://www.ecoversity.org/store/cart.php?
        target=product&product_id=288&category_id=63

        > for those in NEw Mexico), and that it would be difficult to do the
        > subject justice without enough time. We left the conversation open
        about
        > this, though- I'm sure we can pursuade him to come do a paid
        course here
        > in NorCal at some point if he can't come up for pollination season
        this
        > time around.
        >
        > Mark

        bummer. i hope mr crowder makes it up financialy. if/or when i was
        looking for almond contracts i would try to find all the organic
        producers i could first. since i speak the language i could probably
        put on a pretty good spiel. close to home base would be another high
        priority. i think some contracts require hand placement, that might
        be a niche market. thank you for keeping us posted girl mark.
        stan in somerset, ca
        the benign beekeeper