Lang nucs in TBHs

  • Erin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
      Does anyone have any suggestions about whether it would be practical to
      tranfer frames/comb from a lang nuc into a 16" wide Kenyan TBH? Could
      the side and bottom bars of the frame and excess comb be removed so
      that the frame would fit in the new hive? Or, could the comb be cut
      out of the land frames and attached to the TBH top bar? Any thoughts?

      Thanks,
      Erin
    • David Croteau
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
        I have a thought, wedge two straps of wood far enough apart in the the kenya hive so you can put the full frames in side ways, maybe 3 or 4 of them. If you have more brood than that put in the rear on the floor upside down, maybe put them all upside down & they'll move to the topbars.
        What you think Michael???
        Dave, Skowhegan,ME