RE: [TopHive] Bees Needed

  • Scot Mc Pherson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2006
      You don't want to start bees now, not even in florida, that's why he
      said it won't work. I used to keep bees in florida. You really want to
      start hives in march. If you get on the Fire Dept, Police Dept, County
      Ag. Extension, Animal Control lists you can usually get bees for free
      when there are swarms that are found, the beekeepers on these lists are
      called to come and collect them.

      Don't buy frames, buy a package or bring your hive and ask him to shake
      bees into it and buy a queen from him. And wait until march.

      --
      Scot McPherson
      The McPherson Family Honey Farms

      . ` , ` '
      .,';`,. ``. '.
      _/^\_ :;.,';`'.,` `., ' '`,
      /_____\ .:.,"'`
      /\_____/\ .,:`'"
      \###/.,';`

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2006
        Thanks! John

        "The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim". Gustave Le Bon;"The Crowd"
        You don't want to start bees now, not even in florida, that's why he
        said it won't work. I used to keep bees in florida. You really want to
        start hives in march. If you get on the Fire Dept, Police Dept, County
        Ag. Extension, Animal Control lists you can usually get bees for free
        when there are swarms that are found, the beekeepers on these lists are
        called to come and collect them.

        Don't buy frames, buy a package or bring your hive and ask him to shake
        bees into it and buy a queen from him. And wait until march.

        --
        Scot McPherson
        The McPherson Family Honey Farms
        Davenport, Iowa USA