RE: [TopHive] Re: howdy from Tampa

  • Scot Mc Pherson
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
      There is a fellow in Manatee county. His name is Jack and is an
      ex-president of the Tampa Bay Beekeepers Association I think. He's a
      nice guy and has a 4,000 hive operation (last I knew). If you can find
      him. I have his phone number, but I need to call him first and make sure
      its ok to give it to you.

      --
      Scot McPherson
      The McPherson Family Honey Farms

      . ` , ` '
      .,';`,. ``. '.
      _/^\_ :;.,';`'.,` `., ' '`,
      /_____\ .:.,"'`
      /\_____/\ .,:`'"
      \###/.,';`

      From: TopHive@yahoogroups.com<mailto:TopHive@yahoogroups.com>
      From: Scot Mc
      Pherson<mailto:scot.mcpherson@...<mailto:scot.mcpherson@...>

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
        Wow Scot thanks! John

[...]

        http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org<http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org/><http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org/<http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org/>

        m/groups/OrganicBeekeepers/>
        mailto:scot.mcpherson@...<mailto:scot.mcpherson@...><mailto:scot.mcpherson@...<mailto:scot.mcpherson@...>>

        . ` , ` '
        .,';`,. ``. '.
        _/^\_ :;.,';`'.,` `., ' '`,
        /_____\ .:.,"'`
        /\_____/\ .,:`'"
        \###/.,';`

        He was saying if you build a Tanzanzanian Top Bar Hive at the same
        dimensions used by langstroth hives (like your local beeks use) then
        you
        can just put the frames they have in there.

        However what you want is a package for the equipment you already have.
        Or you want to catch a swarm or do a feral colony cut out.

        You can also buy frames of bees from your local beeks, and cut them
        out
        of the frames attach them to your topbars using one of the various
        successful methods of tying up comb to top bars. Swarm catching frames
        built to your equipment specs would work best.

        --
        Scot McPherson
        The McPherson Family Honey Farms
        Davenport, Iowa USA

        http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org<http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org/><http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org/<http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org/>
        ><http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org/<http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org/><http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.o<http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.o/>
        rg/>

        m/groups/OrganicBeekeepers/><http://groups.yahoo.co<http://groups.yahoo.co/><http://groups.yahoo.<http://groups.yahoo./>
        co/>
        m/groups/OrganicBeekeepers/>

        mailto:scot.mcpherson@...<mailto:scot.mcpherson@...><mailto:scot.mcpherson@...<mailto:scot.mcpherson@...>><mailto:

        Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 11:05 AM

        if you build another tanzanian hive using lang dimensions you can
        get bees from the beeks you know and then use the hive you have for
        any swarms you come across.
        stan in somerset
        -- In

        TopHive@yahoogroups.com<mailto:TopHive@yahoogroups.com><mailto:TopHive@yahoogroups.com<mailto:TopHive@yahoogroups.com>><mailto:TopHive@y
        ahoogroups.com<mailto:TopHive@yahoogroups.com<mailto:TopHive@yahoogroups.com>>><mailto:TopHive@y

        ahoogroups.com<mailto:TopHive@yahoogroups.com<mailto:TopHive@yahoogroups.com><mailto:TopHive@yahoogroups
        .com>>>, "John
        Starnes Jr." <johnastarnes@...>

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TopHive<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TopHive>

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
          His phone number is no good anymore. He should be listed though. Try and
          give him a call.

> [...]

          . ` , ` '
          .,';`,. ``. '.
          _/^\_ :;.,';`'.,` `., ' '`,
          /_____\ .:.,"'`
          /\_____/\ .,:`'"
          \###/.,';`

          He was saying if you build a Tanzanzanian Top Bar Hive at the same
          dimensions used by langstroth hives (like your local beeks use) then
          you
          can just put the frames they have in there.

          However what you want is a package for the equipment you already have.
          Or you want to catch a swarm or do a feral colony cut out.

          You can also buy frames of bees from your local beeks, and cut them
          out
          of the frames attach them to your topbars using one of the various
          successful methods of tying up comb to top bars. Swarm catching frames
          built to your equipment specs would work best.

          />

          Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 11:05 AM