lost both my hives

  • Cynthia Loebig
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2006
      i have lost both my hives to laying workers. this was my first
      experience with
      keeping bees and i didn't know that after you capture a swarm, they
      need to be
      fed for sometime afterward. so although things seemed to be ok and
      the bees made
      a lot of beautiful white comb, in the end the queens took off with
      most of the bees
      leaving no queens in the hives. they then became laying worker hives
      and though
      i tried to buy a queen and introduce her to one of the hives, it
      didn't work. when i
      went out to look last week, all the bees were completely gone!

      if anyone hears of a swarm, i would love to know about it!

      Cynthia Loebig
      PO Box 928
      Point Reyes Station, CA 94956
      415-663-8687 (home)
      415-868-0970 (work)
      cynloe@...

    • Paul Rowland
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2006
        Hi Cynthia,

        Sorry to hear about the hives. I've got two, and one swarmed, keep trying.
        You may not see many more swarms this year, but I live in Georgia. Keep your
        comb healthy.

        Paul