Success in the ant war

  • theseventhsamuri
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2006
      My 3 hives were under heavy infestation by ants this spring. I placed
      ant traps where the main activity was, one on top of the bars under
      the roof (in the "attic" space) and another in one of the ant trails
      going up the hive leg on each hive. 4 weeks later and there is zero
      ant activity at all 3.

      I use them at all the entrances to my house and it's the only thing
      that keeps them out. If I forget to replace the traps periodically my
      house will become over run.

      It's my understanding that the ants take the bait back to their nest
      so there is little concern about hive contamination with pesticide. I
      use the kind that says it works on 3 species of ants, I believe they
      are made by Raid.

      I've tried all the homeopathic remidies - moats, grease on the legs
      etc. and this is the only thing that has worked for me.

      Rich M
      NW Lower MI