Hard Winter TBH

  • Leonard G. and/or Anita J Barton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2003
      Greetings All:

      Although I am not in a hard winter area (near coastal central California =
      bee paradise) I am developing a compact box tanzanian style that may be
      suitable for cold climates. This is a relativly deep hive with a near equal
      width and depth. I am developing this a a "cabinet observation hive", where
      one can demonstrate the natural comb development seen in the wild. This
      would fit the classifaction "Tanzanian", but is not of mostly horizontal
      aspect, as are most tanzanians. Since one side is openable, any comb
      atachments may be easily separated, even though there is not excess space
      for access.

      For my developents in Kenyan Tob Bar Hives, see "ccdemo.info" and navigate
      from the home page.

      If anyone is interested I can post my current developments. In particular I
      am working on wood reenforced cardboard boxes with additional weather
      protection - very suitable for quick and cheap hiving of swarms, but the
      shape appears suitable for colder climates.

      Best wishes,

      Leonard.