Re: [TopHive] Re: Introducing new bees intoa deserted box?

  • Paul Rowland
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2006
      While Dee really knows her stuff and she's extremely well read, Micheal is
      more of a beekeeper's beekeeper. He's a very practical man. And I believe
      I've seen his comb measuring. He's usually right on target.

      On 1/30/06, Barry Lay <barrylay1952@...> wrote:

      > Paul Rowland wrote:
      > >
      > > Interesting. What did you use to measure and how did you measure?
      > >
      > Reply:
      >
      > Paul,
      >
      > I just did it the same way Michael Bush described on his website
      > www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm. Is that the correct way? I have read
      > the article Dee wrote in her "Back to Biological Beekeeping", but I
      > couldn't really understand that.
      >
      > I did measure it again in different places on the same comb after I
      > posted the reply and ter are variations even on the one comb. I had
      > measurements as low as 4.7mm in some places.
      >
      > Take care
      >
      > Barry

      > roup archive and other pages can be accessed at

    • Unu Altu
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
        What are you saying about Bee-O-Pac's
        http://www.beeosphere.com/Default.aspx?tabid=227
        Ideea is great and "elegant" and it's working , but alway's is a but the
        price i think that is big, I'm from Romania, and I don't know how do you
        stay with money but in my country if I request from client another 1 $ only
        for pack, because i understand that one Bee-O-Pac is 8 $, and more $ for
        honey the client will not buy and i will be in failure with these pac's.
        I know a boy here in Romania that has some factory that deals with
        plastic, i have spoken with him and he said that only if i command about
        5000 or more pieces he will make this at 5$ but the problem is that i don't
        want 5000 pieces and maybe I find some beekeeper's that want's 4000 or more
        pieces :) for 5 $ per piece then I could sell honey in these pack's :)

        Nice invention, very nice but for what, if we can't afford it.