Re: [TopHive] TBH dimensions

  • Leonard and Anita at AT&T Broadband
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2002
      Greetings:

      For my TBH bars I use 24 inch (2 ft.) overall length with 22 inch interior
      exposure and hive inside width at the top. Standard U.S. material length is
      8 ft so this is an economical size. With the 22 degree side angle this leads
      to rather heavy combs, some of which have broken in hot weather. I have
      since improved the roof reflectivity and added power cooling (see the CK4
      web pages). The vertical depth (from bar resting line to top of hanging
      grid) is 16 inches. Perhaps a shallower hive would be better if not using
      reenforcing loops or side bar extensions.

      Leonard.