KTBH Meltdown honey yield

  • Leonard and Anita at AT&T Broadband
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2002
      Greetings All:

      From two full bars of honey store, 40% fully built out and sealed, plus
      remnant honey from two brood combs and 4 top bars I obtained 36 fl. oz. of
      cold pressed honey and 17 fl. oz. of heat recovered honey from wax for
      cooking.

      The extraction procedure was messy but I got the kitchen cleaned up to my
      wife's satisfaction.

      I put out an estimated additional 8 oz within comb remnants for the bees to
      clean up, for a total of close to 2 quarts (4.4 liters).

      Suprisingly few bees were suffocated by the fall - only a few dozen.

      I'll build some more wild comb frames for the brood comb that is sitting on
      the hanging grid.

      Leonard.