TBH Meltdown!

  • Leonard and Anita at AT&T Broadband
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2002
      Greetings all:

      95 degree weather yesterday. Had 2 heavy honey stores break off - they broke
      at the top of the stored honey and about an inch below the bar web. For some
      reason the bees had removed and not replaced honey from the very top and
      these open empty cells were probably much weaker than the sealed and full
      cells. These had about 8 inches vertical of deep sealed honey with extensive
      developing shalower comb below being filled. I was planning on taking these
      soon anyway but was waiting for more to be sealed.

      Also lost two brood frames, but after removing honey mixed with polen stores
      I parked the brood on the bottom grid inverted below and touching some
      smaller comb bars - it remains to be seen what they will do with this.

      It looks like I should put up some shade cloth for the summer and get some
      greenery growing to cool the beeyard.

      The bars in this large size definitly need an arc of strengthening material.

      My next design will be a Tanzanian with 3 sided frames and a dowel across
      the bottom following Steve's general design.

      Best wishes,

      Leonard