Gardeners Beware: Bee-Toxic Pesticides Found in “Bee-Friendly” Plants Sold at Garden Centers Nationwide

  • Susan Kegley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2013
      Hi All,

      Check out this new report <http://www.foe.org/beeaction>by Pesticide
      Research Institute and Friends of the Earth. We found bee-toxic
      pesticides in about half of the plants we sampled from Home Depot,
      Lowe's and OSH in the Bay Area, Minneapolis area and the DC area. The
      FOE BeeAction page has a place where you can sign on to encourage these
      major retailers to get the pesticides out of their plants.

      And then you can see Terry Oxford on NBC TV
      <http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Bee-Friendly-Plants-Actually-Killing-Them-Study-219665181.html>
      (she was at our workshop with Les) doing a really fantastic job talking
      about how important it is to help the bees! You might recognize the
      location . . .

      Cheers,

      Susan

      --
      Susan E. Kegley, Ph.D., Principal and CEO
      Pesticide Research Institute

      Phone: (510) 705-1874
      Fax: (510) 705-1683
      E-mail: skegley@...
      Web: http://www.pesticideresearch.com

      PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
      This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law as attorney client and work-product confidential or otherwise confidential communications. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or other use of a transmission received in error is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, immediately notify us at the above telephone number.