Re: Starting two tbhs

  • geoffrey_roberts@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2013
      i am in Homosassa, Fl; about 70 miles from StPete/Tampa area. Homosassa is on the Mexican gulf.

      --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "roger g" <toad08551@...> wrote:

      > You may be able to locate some yet. or put the word out and try for a swarm. where you located? roger NJ
      >
      > --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "geoffrey_roberts@" <geoffrey_roberts@> wrote:
      > >
      > > i just finished two top bars. They are my first top bars. Each is 48". Is it too late to obtain the packaged bees?

    • mdm106(Michael)
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
        Hi You can always set up your top bar hive and put a swarm lure in it. That way the bees come to you. I have 11 hive all caught while sitting in my back yard and watching them move in to my hives. lol
        mike

      • geoffrey_roberts@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2013
          i found packaged bees from Pigeon Forge. Also, i am looking for swarms.