Re: Starting two tbhs

  • Lynda Jardine
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24 6:38 AM
      Hi Geoffry, I too have just made two top bars hives--to house 2 large
      swarms I have caught in the past week. Catching a swarm is an exciting
      option to buying bees--as long as you don't live in an area where the
      africanized bees are. Lynda

    • geoffrey_roberts@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 28 9:30 AM
        i am in Homosassa, Fl; about 70 miles from StPete/Tampa area. Homosassa is on the Mexican gulf.

        --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "roger g" <toad08551@...> wrote:

        > You may be able to locate some yet. or put the word out and try for a swarm. where you located? roger NJ
        >
        > --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "geoffrey_roberts@" <geoffrey_roberts@> wrote:
        > >
        > > i just finished two top bars. They are my first top bars. Each is 48". Is it too late to obtain the packaged bees?

      • mdm106(Michael)
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29 6:54 AM
          Hi You can always set up your top bar hive and put a swarm lure in it. That way the bees come to you. I have 11 hive all caught while sitting in my back yard and watching them move in to my hives. lol
          mike

        • geoffrey_roberts@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2013
            i found packaged bees from Pigeon Forge. Also, i am looking for swarms.