Re: Starting two tbhs

  • roger g
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24, 2013
      You may be able to locate some yet. or put the word out and try for a swarm. where you located? roger NJ

      --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "geoffrey_roberts@..." <geoffrey_roberts@...> wrote:

      > i just finished two top bars. They are my first top bars. Each is 48". Is it too late to obtain the packaged bees?

    • Lynda Jardine
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24, 2013
        Hi Geoffry, I too have just made two top bars hives--to house 2 large
        swarms I have caught in the past week. Catching a swarm is an exciting
        option to buying bees--as long as you don't live in an area where the
        africanized bees are. Lynda

      • geoffrey_roberts@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 28, 2013
          i am in Homosassa, Fl; about 70 miles from StPete/Tampa area. Homosassa is on the Mexican gulf.

          --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "roger g" <toad08551@...> wrote:

          > You may be able to locate some yet. or put the word out and try for a swarm. where you located? roger NJ
          >
          > --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "geoffrey_roberts@" <geoffrey_roberts@> wrote:
          > >
          > > i just finished two top bars. They are my first top bars. Each is 48". Is it too late to obtain the packaged bees?

        • mdm106(Michael)
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
            Hi You can always set up your top bar hive and put a swarm lure in it. That way the bees come to you. I have 11 hive all caught while sitting in my back yard and watching them move in to my hives. lol
            mike

          • geoffrey_roberts@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2013
              i found packaged bees from Pigeon Forge. Also, i am looking for swarms.