Starting two tbhs

  • geoffrey_roberts@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
      i just finished two top bars. They are my first top bars. Each is 48". Is it too late to obtain the packaged bees?
    • roger g
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24, 2013
        You may be able to locate some yet. or put the word out and try for a swarm. where you located? roger NJ

        --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "geoffrey_roberts@..." <geoffrey_roberts@...> wrote:

        > i just finished two top bars. They are my first top bars. Each is 48". Is it too late to obtain the packaged bees?

      • Lynda Jardine
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2013
          Hi Geoffry, I too have just made two top bars hives--to house 2 large
          swarms I have caught in the past week. Catching a swarm is an exciting
          option to buying bees--as long as you don't live in an area where the
          africanized bees are. Lynda

        • geoffrey_roberts@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 28, 2013
            i am in Homosassa, Fl; about 70 miles from StPete/Tampa area. Homosassa is on the Mexican gulf.

            --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "roger g" <toad08551@...> wrote:

            > You may be able to locate some yet. or put the word out and try for a swarm. where you located? roger NJ
            >
            > --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "geoffrey_roberts@" <geoffrey_roberts@> wrote:
            > >
            > > i just finished two top bars. They are my first top bars. Each is 48". Is it too late to obtain the packaged bees?

          • mdm106(Michael)
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
              Hi You can always set up your top bar hive and put a swarm lure in it. That way the bees come to you. I have 11 hive all caught while sitting in my back yard and watching them move in to my hives. lol
              mike

            • geoffrey_roberts@ymail.com
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1 9:29 AM
                i found packaged bees from Pigeon Forge. Also, i am looking for swarms.