Re: Top bars Utah?

  • Amanda Bradshaw
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 17, 2013
      I am not looking for a hive. I am looking for a mentor. Maybe you should
      sell your failed hives on ebay or something. I can see why you don't like
      TBH, I looked at the link where you bought yours. It looks ginormous and
      cumbersome. I want to do TBH because I have children who I want to be
      involved and we are putting in a window to keep watch on them. I want lots
      of comb as well as honey, and I have a shoulder injury that makes Langs less
      desirable. I assure you I have done my homework. I am a novice but I have
      been reading about bees and have been a spectator for a number of years.

      I thank those that live in Utah that are willing to help me out. I will
      contact you shortly to see if I can have a tour of your hive and talk about
      state regulations.

      Amanda

    • Blaine Nay
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
        There is no standard for the dimensions of top-bar hives. The
        dimensions of mine are typical -- about 40" long, 19" wide, and 10"
        high.

        There are some members of the Utah County Beekeepers Association
        (www.utahcountybeekeepers.org) who have top-bar hives. At least one of
        them is likely to be glad to help you. I'd be glad to help, but I'm
        nearly 200 miles away. Good luck.

        Blaine