Re: Small hive beetles

  • Cheech Chong
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2012
      We have SHB here in Jamaica as well. I do TBH as well as Langs. I find that as long as your colony is strong, they usually keep the SHB in check. I will see SHB in the hive, but not too many, the most I'v seen is 4 or 5. I think keeping the hives in sunny locations also helps.
      BTW, some of my hives are located out in full sun all day, no shade, in sunny, hot Jamaica with no problems (I use foundationless frames, and TB's obviously)

      Cheech
      Jamaica