Re: New guy here saying hello.

  • billsf9c
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2012
      There was a time when I thought a Horizontal TBH was for me.
      I wanted a small one. Honey was secondary.

      Now I see what is realistic. Ants the size of elephants, and visa-versa, don't function.

      I see Warré's as being smaller, BUT, expandable. HTHB's...?
      Well... I always read, go for the largest of those offered.
      And they are extremely difficult to expand. (It isn't done.)

      That said, I take the Warré and the 30cm/300mm interior
      and go to 12". 8 or 9 TB's/TopBars, is your option.

      Warré's mat not be as sexy... But they use less Sq Ft,
      and can expand.

      BillSF9c

      --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "neilsuesz" <cannoneer4u@...> wrote:

      > My wife and I have decided to start keeping bees. She was the one that put the bug in my ear ( no pun intended ), but after doing alot of reading I am really excited to start this spring. I have found my source for my bees and have found my local club that I plan to join, but still have not decided which way to go tbh or Warre hive. I can build both myself so construction is not a consideration. I live in southeast Virginia so we go from hot and humid to very cold winters which is a concern for me as well. So any suggestions or input is welcome.
      > Neil Suesz

    • neilsuesz
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2012
        Thanks for the info that is what I was thinking and being modular is a big plus.