beginner

  • Carolyn Chaney
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2012
      Top Bar Hives (TBH)The very best way to start is with a mentor. Managing top-bar hives is very easy, but any beekeeping has its tricks and a mentor can save you lots of grief. In many urban areas there are beekeeping clubs with members who mentor newbees. In San Mateo County, CA we offer a free beginning beekeeping class in the spring, covering both methods, and we do a group order of bee “packages,” 3 lbs of bees with a queen. Just Google your town or county and beekeeping and you may find a local club.

      Carolyn Chaney
      cchaney@...

      "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver