where you from?

  • roger g
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2012
      It would help i when you post to let us know where your from perhaps someone on your area would could guide you better.
      I have both topbar and langs,for the hobbie beek i think the topbars remain more dosil. I often go into my topbars with no vail, and i never ware glove unless i know it's an aggresive colony. I've made several topbars for fellow beeks and so far all enjoy.
      Folks here are very helpfull, if you post a question answers pop up rather quick. I know it's not like looking over someones shoulder but helps. A good mentor is best.
      You can start with either top or langs,both are fun. you most always find something new and interesting when checking hives.I feed my topbar by putting quart chick waterers right in hive behind comb and works great LOL not too close when building comb i had one once enclose the jar with comb.(another lesson learned)
      I could go on and i'm sure others will. Good luck . Roger-NJ