The Power of Essential Oils

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 22, 2012
      My wife was making a big batch of laundry soap the other day. Being out of the essential oil she usually uses to scent it, she used my lemon balm essential oil. Bees were around every open window and trying to make their way into the house. I had to quickly go around closing windows, encouraging bees to get out from between the windows and screens. It was just amazing to me how powerful their reaction to it was.
    • elegans@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 22, 2012
        neat!!!

      • Barry Jackson
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 22, 2012
          That's interesting Mark. I try not to dress up as a space man when
          attending to my bees, but if they are in a bad mood I sometimes pick lemon
          balm tops and thread them around my hat - seems to work.
          Barry

          On 22 August 2012 17:03, <elegans@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > neat!!!

        • karon
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 22, 2012
            You can use essential oils in your hives as well. there are many mite
            solvers that use various essentials as active ingredients. Look at some of
            the things you are buying and, since she has essentials in the house, use
            those and make your own. I used to do it all the time when I was a soap
            maker. Since I was a professional soap maker, I bought my EOs in 25# cans,
            for the most part. It saved me a fortune on bee meds among other things<G>

            Karon Adams

            Accredited Jewelry Professional (GIA)

            You can send a free Rosary to a soldier!

            www.facebook.com/MilitaryRosary

            www.YellowRibbonRosaries.com