Re: [TopHive] Introduction

  • L. Carlson
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 13, 2012
      My local club is also very langstroth-centric... but i have found a few TBH/Warre curiosity seekers and I just go for the general knoweledge questions ( things that applies to all hives or I can adapt to my Warres)

      there are some things that are universal to all hives weather/feeding/pest control etc.. how you handle may have to be altered a bit but you can get ideas...

      From: P.H. Rankin Hansen <ping@...>
      Subject: Re: [TopHive] Introduction
      To: TopHive@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, July 13, 2012, 2:42 PM

      > We have a local beekeeping group, but they are very anti top bar
      hives. I have my heart set on the TBH, so I haven't been going back

      .

    • Rachel
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 13, 2012
        There are members of my local bee guild that have voiced dismay that a
        first-time beekeeper would have a top bar hive. Luckily we also have a
        strong contingent of top bar and "all - natural" bee keepers. Put us all in
        a room together and it's a more than lively discussion- because at the end
        of the day we're all there for the bees!
        Rachel

      • elegans@aol.com
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 13, 2012
          In a message dated 7/13/2012 12:44:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
          maureen.schoolcraftrussell@... writes
          :

          "Remember we are beekeepers not box keepers. "

          Nicely put!!!!!!!!