Re: [TopHive] Re: Brood in every comb and the hive is filling up!

  • elegans@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 16, 2012
      In a message dated 6/16/2012 9:45:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      kent_brewster@... writes:

      I've been very careful not to take any bees at all when removing bars,
      thanks. While a split is tempting--so far I've seen nothing resembling a queen
      cell-we simply don't have room for another hive. We have dogs and chickens
      and all sorts of raised beds here and there. Thanks for the reminder about
      the chickens and brood comb; I'm sure they'll love it.

      --Kent

      Kent-

      I made reuse of an old salad spinner with the comb from my top bar hive. I
      mash it into a strainer for the most part then spin it for the remainder.
      I'm with you on splits: a hive begats then begats again....
      where did you get your hive? Mine is also a 36 incher from Backyard hive in
      Colorado. A beautiful piece of work plus the bars are one-piece and
      perfect for the girls. My only objection is that it really should be 4 feet. But
      it's a great hive.

      George