Re: [TopHive] Re: Mail Order TBH kit arrived

  • Traci Perg
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2011
      On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Amanda Bradshaw <bradshawbella@...>wrote:

      > I am interested in obtaining a swarm because I am starting late in the
      > game. When you got your swarm from pest control was there any money
      > exchanged either way? I wanted to know if I should offer something to the
      > pest control when I call them or if they are just happy to have someone take
      > them off their hands.

      It varies by person. Some people wanted money for their swarms. The amounts
      discussed ranged from $35 to $120. $35 was putting them into my hive, $120
      was them started in a box. The man who gave me my swarm eventually didn't
      want any money for them, just wanted to be rid of them. The swarms that I
      have gone to collect, the homeowners have paid me for taking away their
      bees. Crazy, huh? :D

      Traci

      --
      "We hold this treasure in earthen vessels, that the surpassing power may be
      of G-d and not from us. We are afflicted in every way, but not constrained;