How to build a top bar hive

  • PingHansen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2011
      I've put a link to "The Barefoot Beekeeper" (www.biobees.com) on the list main page. There you will find real good plans, downloadable as a pdf-file, describing "How To Build A Top Bar Hive".

      The best plans I've seen so far, and free.

      Ping.
    • roger g
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2011
        Yes those are good pans. I've built several from them with few alterations 1st a landing board,which i have to make a mouse gaurd for and 2nd a guide down one side to keep bars equally positioned when puting them back in- this will keep edge space in hive the same to lessen side attachment roger NJ