Re: [TopHive] Shipping top bar hives to Canada

  • James Payne
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
      IF there is no colony involved just declare it as a wood box. If there are bees in it then it becomes another matter.. new and unused condition. Nut of bees were in it or it had been used by bees there would be concern of pests or disease.

      Jim P

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
        Have any of you folks experienced this? Any advice on how to sweet talk
        them? I'm not Canadian, and not familiar with the system north of the
        border.

        Thanks, James

        gord@... <mailto:gord%40sfapiculture.ca>
        <mailto:gord@... <mailto:gord%40sfapiculture.ca> > Phone:
        +1.613.530-5662

        The Canadian Leader in Sustainable Beekeeping.^(TM)Follow Us on Twitter
        <http://www.twitter.com/SeldomFools>

      • tom obrien
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
          ?ship it to Canada as a wooden box

          tom

          http://longlangwithlegs.blogspot.com/2009_06_01_archive.html
          > Have any of you folks experienced this? Any advice on how to sweet talk
          > them? I'm not Canadian, and not familiar with the system north of the
          > border.
          >

          > Thanks, James

        • Gord Campbell
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
            James, exactly what are they saying? Let me know if they're quoting any
            regulations (which they should be) and I can find them for you.

            I assume you're breaking it down for shipping? Mark it as a hive starter
            kit? Emphasize that there is no livestock involved.

            Cheers,
            .....G