bar width

  • Carolyn Chaney
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2010
      I do use bars of different width, narrower toward the front and then
      I alternate narrow with wider about half-way back. I've found that
      my bees build brood comb nice and straight on the narrower bars but
      tend to crosscomb their honey storage on the narrow ones.

      My narrow bars are "firring strip" finished (smoothed) wood and the
      wider bars are "firring strip" unfinished wood. Since those might be
      too wide, I alternate narrow/wide/narrow/wide to maintain bee space.

      Carolyn Chaney
      cchaney@...

      "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious
      life?" Mary Oliver