Entrances?

  • owlsplace
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
      --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Blackner <dennisblackner@...> wrote:

      > Thanks guys, that goes right along with my thinking on the matter. I like the
      > twist of on the side at the end, as it will make the roof overhang, shelter the
      > entrance better. Do you supply a landing, or just holes?
      > Dennis

      reply:
      Just holes on my four footers.
      Roger
    • Gord Campbell
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
        Ditto. One added benefit for our area is extra shelter from the winter
        wind howling into the hive. With the entrances on the side at the end,
        any wind blowing in will really only affect 2-3 combs. With straight
        end-entrances, the same wind can blow the full length of the hive.

        Cheers,
        ....G

        --
        Gord Campbell
        Beekeeper - Partner

        Ontario's /first and only/ treatment-free commercial top-bar apiaries.