  • Dennis Blackner
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
      Thanks guys, that goes right along with my thinking on the matter. I like the
      twist of on the side at the end, as it will make the roof overhang, shelter the
      entrance better. Do you supply a landing, or just holes?
      Dennis

    • owlsplace
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
        --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Blackner <dennisblackner@...> wrote:

        > Thanks guys, that goes right along with my thinking on the matter. I like the
        > twist of on the side at the end, as it will make the roof overhang, shelter the
        > entrance better. Do you supply a landing, or just holes?
        > Dennis

        reply:
        Just holes on my four footers.
        Roger
      • Gord Campbell
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
          Ditto. One added benefit for our area is extra shelter from the winter
          wind howling into the hive. With the entrances on the side at the end,
          any wind blowing in will really only affect 2-3 combs. With straight
          end-entrances, the same wind can blow the full length of the hive.

          Cheers,
          ....G

          --
          Gord Campbell
          Beekeeper - Partner

          Ontario's /first and only/ treatment-free commercial top-bar apiaries.