a forum for the exchange of swarm info, starts, and mentoring

  • James Zitting
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2010
      I started a yahoo news group for the purpose of swapping swarm info in
      southern Missouri, but I think we can expand the idea nationwide and include
      starts and mentors.

      We all want to get our starts from a local natural cell source. however all
      too often newbie's have to order a package of bees from a factory farm in
      one of the southern states, and all too often the colony absconds because
      there is no brood to keep them in the hive, and more often the newbie will
      make a major boo boo and kill the bees.

      What if there was a news group dedicated to the exchange of bee starts,
      swarms and mentors??

      What if someone posts that they are looking for a start and possibly a
      mentor? They live close to me, so I correspond with them and we make a deal.
      Ether they pay me for 4 frames of brood/honey/pollen or they barter with me
      in my apiary doing odd jobs to pay for the start and they get mentoring.

      All the natural beekeepers can market their bees with this forum

      The news group is simply an exchange of contact info, and the deals are all
      private.

      James A Zitting

      www.beelanding.com

      Become a fan of my facebook Page!