wood types- cedar/redwood

  • girl Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2005
      Hello,

      I was just making extra top bars out of scrap wood the other day and
      was wondering if there's a concensus on the use of cedar (or redwood
      for that matter)- it's a repellant for various insects, does it seem
      to bother bees?

      Mark
    • Scot Mc Pherson
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 2005
        Nah cedar works just fine. Not sure what it would repel except woid pests, but not hive pests.

        Scot Mc Pherson
        McPherson Family Honey Farms
        Davenport, IA
        Bradenton, FL