Re: [TopHive] Digest Number 736

  • Carolyn Chaney
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
      Yet another survey that does not differentiate between top bar hives
      and Langs. Or in the case of colony collapse, does not look at
      pesticide use. RATS!

      Carolyn Chaney
      cchaney@...

      "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious
      life?" Mary Oliver

      On Jan 12, 2010, at 2:13 AM, <TopHive@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WZM6FMY

    • Michelle Barnett
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
        seems easy to create one for our own community...
        michelle

        Best,
        Michelle

        Yet another survey that does not differentiate between top bar hives
        and Langs. Or in the case of colony collapse, does not look at
        pesticide use. RATS!

        Carolyn Chaney
        cchaney@...

        "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious
        life?" Mary Oliver

        On Jan 12, 2010, at 2:13 AM, <TopHive@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WZM6FMY

      • Sarah Komar
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
          Thank you for taking a look at my survey.

          Please do not think I am discriminating against top bar users. I myself, use
          a top bar. I also use a Lang, but that is a different topic all together.

          In this case, the type of hive and pesticide use is irrelevant. I am not
          looking for causes, cures or preventions of CCD. I am looking for the affect
          of CCD on agriculture and economy and ways to educate the public about the
          importance of honeybees and the dangers of CCD to the honeybee population.

          I have heard that pesticides, bee disease treatment, and bee management all
          might play a role in CCD. I also know that using a top bar can eliminate
          some, if not all of these problems.

          If you know of any way that hive type might be relevant to this topic, I am
          open to suggestions. :)

          Thanks again,
          Sarah