Who choses to be a beekeeper? - a research project

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31 3:16 PM
      I have long wondered what draws a person to be a beekeeper. Are you and
      I unique in some ways? Are there identifiable groups within the
      beekeeping community? Now Wendy Schweigert of Bradley University and I
      are beginning a project to look for answers to these questions. We
      would appreciate any from this group and their associates who would take
      a few minutes to help us with this quest. Subjects from novice to
      well-seasoned, from the US and other countries, are needed. Below is
      the press release that will be showing up in BC and ABJ next month. The
      survey is available at SurveyMonkey now. Thanks for your help.

      Larry Krengel
      -----

      I, along with Wendy Schweigert and a team of her students from Bradley,
      will be conducting research about beekeepers and their characteristics.
      The results of this research will be used to identify characteristics of
      those who chose to become beekeepers, to compare various subgroups of
      beekeepers with each other, and to compare other groups with beekeepers.

      If you are 18 years or older and keep bees you are invited to be a part
      of this research by completing short anonymous survey about beekeepers.
      We are interested in new beekeeper as well as those who are experienced.
      Hobbyist, sideliners and commercial beekeepers are all invited to
      participate. The survey can be found at [URL for survey on
      surveymonkey.com]. The survey will be available online until February
      14, 2010.

      If you have any questions about this research please feel free to
      contact Dr. Wendy Schweigert
      wendy@... <mailto:wendy@...>

      To access the survey click on the following link, or cut and paste it
      into your browser. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9NSWHZ5

      lkrengel@... <mailto:lkrengel@...>