Re: [TopHive] Apidictor

  • P.H. Rankin Hansen
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 25, 2005
      On Monday 25 April 2005 18:54, ubbstudent wrote:
      >   Is there an apidictor software for computer. Please post the link if
      > there is.

      Nope. Not to my knowledge.

      An apidictor is essentially a listening device with some filters. What it does
      is to measure the sound level in different frequency bands. Based on the
      sound level in a particular frequency band, you can determine if the bees are
      preparing to swarm.

      An apidictor can be built using a few opamps, or the filters can be emulated
      on a computer.

      --

      Ping.

      P.H. Rankin Hansen
      Grædstrupvej 53, Grædstrup
      DK-8740 Brædstrup
      Tlf: 2211 9611
    • P.H. Rankin Hansen
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 25, 2005
        On Monday 25 April 2005 21:26, murillos@... wrote:
        > Please define Apidictor

        Try the bottom link at http://www.beesource.com/plans/index.htm

        Lots of other good plans and articles there as well

        Ping.

        P.H. Rankin Hansen
        Grædstrupvej 53, Grædstrup
        DK-8740 Brædstrup
        Tlf: 2211 9611
      • murillos@caribsurf.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 25, 2005
          Many thanks for your excellent information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          > Lots of other good plans and articles there as well
          >

          > Ping.
          >

          > P.H. Rankin Hansen
          >
          > Grædstrupvej 53, Grædstrup
          >
          > DK-8740 Brædstrup
          >
          > Tlf: 2211 9611
          >
          > </tt>
          >

          > <tt>
          >

          > roup archive and other pages can be accessed at
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TopHive
          >

          > </tt>
          >

          > <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->
          >

          > <tt><hr width="500">
          > <b>Yahoo! Groups Links</b>
          >
          > <ul>
          > <li>To visit your group on the web, go to:
          >
          > <li>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          >
          > <li>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          > Service.</ul>
          > </tt>
          >
          > <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

        • P.H. Rankin Hansen
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 26, 2005
            On Monday 25 April 2005 22:04, murillos@... wrote:
            > Many thanks for your excellent information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            You are quite welcome. Beesource.com is one of the better beekeeping sites
            available
            --

            Ping.

            P.H. Rankin Hansen
            Grædstrupvej 53, Grædstrup
            DK-8740 Brædstrup
            Tlf: 2211 9611
          • Unu Altu
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 26, 2005
              Hello everybody
              Here is some swedish software :(
              http://www.quicknet.se/home/q-119076/BONUS/spectra.html
              I could make a software in english for money :)