RE: [TopHive] Top-Bar Hive need not be a Long Hive

  • Scot Mc Pherson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2005
      Although this is very true, and this is a VERY NICE picture, this is
      really a remodel of the langstroth hive. Its like a frameless
      langstroth. In loose terms a langstrth can be considered a specialized
      top bar hive. If I were going to build something like this I think I
      would stick with standard langtroth parts and just use foundationless
      frames. You loose the advantages of the top bar hive, but arranging a
      hive thusly, and placing the top bars with bee space between them.

      Scot Mc Pherson
      Bradenton Bees
      http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org
      mailto:scot@...

      . ` , ` '

      The group archive and other pages can be accessed at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TopHive