Re: [TopHive] Orientation of Entrance

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009
      East is quite popular, so they start the day early.

      South is a 2nd option.
      At 1PM, DLST, (noon if not in DLST) you see shadows start at solar south.
      SE is a compromise some use.

      Some pkg bees and ferals are said to prefer what they had recently,
      as orientation of comb. N-S is often preferred, as it allows cold-way
      ventilation, which is somewhat naturally preferred, as I read the reports.

      With a trapeziodal hive, a South entrance yields E-W Top Bars & comb,
      which would then be warm way if the entrance is on an end. Makes me
      glad that Warrés are square, LOL!

      BillSF9c

      --------
      front faces the morning sun roger--- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, howard pirtle
      <zeeduk69@...> wrote:

      > what is the orientation of hive #2  north south east west? Looking at it from
      the front which way does it point...hhh