link to Peace Corps top bar hive book

  • girl Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2005
      There's an excellent book that was put out in the early 80s by the
      Peace Corps for their workers, about promoting smallscale beekeeping
      in developing countries. It covers both Langstrogh and Top Bar Hives,
      and had plans for how to build them, plus Lang-type gear like honey
      extractors and foundation presses. I'd been using an old dogeared
      photocopy of this book and was very pleased to see that it's been
      turned into an excellent website:

      http://www.beekeeping.com/articles/us/small_beekeeping/

      I added it to this list's links section.

      Mark