Honey bees need our help

  • karen sayers-lowe
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2009
      Every third bite of food we take is produced with honey bee help. They pollinate a third of our food, but bee colonies are collapsing, and their populations plummeting because of parasites and pesticide exposures.

      Join me in taking action by telling EPA to protect honey bees from toxic pesticide exposure.

    • sageflower
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2009
        Hi there, don't know what happen to the rest of the post. It was suppose to be a link to a petition by PAN (pesticide action network) asking the EPA to take action on the use of  the pesticide imidacloprid. It is another bee killer that is being used to freely in this country.
         I sign a lot of petitions.....don't worry if it is not directly related to honey bees I will not send them to any yahoo groups... I do hope that all you beekeepers and/or bee appreciators out there will take the time to sign the petition, our bee friends need all the help we can give them. If I recall correctly the deadline on this is March16.
        Here is the link:
         http://action.panna.org/t/5185/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=668

        EACH STEP IS A PRAYER, LETS WALK TOGETHER WITH A GOOD HEART
        Sageflower